Peter Sandberg is a lifelong Alaskan who has been practicing law in Alaska since 2006. His practice focuses entirely upon civil litigation. He has handled cases involving a wide variety of subjects, including real estate disputes, closely held business shareholder actions, unfair trade practices claims, class actions, municipal liability claims, attorney malpractice claims, construction disputes, personal injury actions, civil rights claims, insurance bad faith claims and employment litigation. He is a Fellow of the American Bar Association, which is offered to the top 1% of attorneys in any given jurisdiction. When not working, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two children and enjoying the Alaskan outdoors.
Peter's accomplishments include:
- Obtaining a settlement of approximately $3 million in the prosecution of an insurance coverage class action against a major insurance company.
- Litigating a products class action against a major global manufacturer to a successful conclusion.
- Litigating numerous minority shareholder and corporate dissolution disputes to a successful conclusion, including a multi-million dollar minority shareholder dispute to a successful conclusion.
- Engaging in defense of numerous actions involving real estate, employment, personal injury, commercial liability, products and insurance coverage disputes.
- Participating with extensive involvement in the defense of multiple large-scale class actions.
- Serving as part of the team making a constitutional challenge to Alaska's state education funding system. Assisting with the prosecution of a large-scale derivative action against an international corporation.
- University of Colorado, J.D., 2006
- University of Colorado, B.S. Journalism, 2002
- U.S. District Court, District of Alaska
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- Board Member, Anchorage Bar
- Member, The Fellows of the American Bar Foundation